It’s that time of year when the winter blues are starting to lift and all start to anticipate the arrival of springtime. Along with this season comes that inevitable holiday centered around hearts and doves and cupid. (That’d be Valentine’s Day, of course.) Whether you are making special dinner plans with your sweetheart or heading out to celebrate “single’s awareness day” with your best gal friends, we’ve got a selection of looks for V- Day 2017 just for you.
We are seeing a steady wave of softer colors trending lately, and especially in the hues of cream, blush, and metal tones.
This romantic and feminine palette sets the mood, and just in time for Valentine’s Day!
The great news is these muted tones are complimentary to everyone! So make your evening plans, and then sit back and relax. We’ll do the heavy lifting (i.e. the outfit coordination) for you.
How to style it:
- Casual affair. If plans include dinner to a favorite dinner spot that you frequent, then keep the evening low-key with a touch of romance. Simply pair a blush blouse with some jeans and your favorite nude pumps for an ultra-chic look.
- All the stops. Perhaps you are planning on a Valentine’s dinner at the new upscale restaurant downtown. Pull out that sparkly holiday ensemble you love for an opportunity to get another great use of your killer outfit.
- Dancing queen. We’re pretty positive the best option for an evening of dancing is always a dress or skirt that twirls just right. Wear that fantastically flattering A-line dress with some great dancing shoes, and you are set for a fun night.
- Night under the stars. If you are staying away from the bustle of celebrations and heading out for some star-gazing or simply staying home to cuddle up with your favorite movie, go out of your way to still dress up a little. Pull out that cute sweater and comfy pair of kicks for a comfy and cozy evening.
- Keep it profesh. In the event your work day throws off your plans just a hair, keep calm and cool by wearing an outfit that doesn’t scream pink. We’ve laid out two fantastic ways to style a blush skirt that is ideal for the workplace in this wear and where article.
Tell us: What are your plans for this Valentine’s Day?