The beginning of July always kicks off with a bang, and by that, we obviously mean fireworks!
Some of our best memories of summer are filled with lawn games and fireworks, surrounded by friends and family.
As we prepare to celebrate the 240th birthday of our nation, we also reflect on the many sacrifices of our nation as a whole to get to this point.
From Yorktown to Pearl Harbor, and New York to Orlando, our hearts are heavy as we consider the great losses we have endured together as Americans to maintain our freedoms.
At the same time, our hearts take courage and great pride in the men and women throughout the military, government, and communities. So many in the United States continue to sacrifice so much in order to serve the country. One simple look at these incredible and valiant individuals, one moment spent with the youth of our nation, fills you with great hope and determination for the future of our country.
As we celebrate the Independence of our nation with traditional backyard barbecuing, fireworks, and lawn games, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite outfit tips to celebrate in style!
How to style it:
- Denim. Invented in the USA, this textile is a natural go-to for your holiday festivities. The fabric is durable, perfect for outdoor parties whether you go for a dress or some good ol’ blue jeans.
- Solids. A solid red or white blouse is a festive and simple way to dress for your celebrations. Simply throw on a pair of your favorite blue jeans for a classic American look. If you are more of a dress person, a breezy white sun dress will be perfect for your outdoor activities.
- Stripes. We love a good navy stripe tee for its relevance throughout the year. But it seems stripes are especially appropriate for days when our nation’s flag will be flying high.
- Pattern play. Pretty much any variation of reds, whites and blues will be on point this weekend. You could go for a traditional bright red and royal blue in honor of the American flag. Or you could settle into a deeper burgundy and navy outfit to simply reference Old Glory.
- Floppy hat. Everyone loves a good floppy hat, and they are wonderfully functional, to boot! A wide-brim hat will help keep you cool and protect you from the sun while you are out.
- Casual shoes. Some light, comfy wedges or espadrilles are especially nice for events in your evening that call for some walking. These style shoes are chic and dressy, without the fear of sinking into the grass during your criquet games. They will also be easy to kick off when it’s time to settle in to watch the nearby firework show.
- Go big with your bag. If you must bring out the stars and stripes this holiday, consider a bright and bold American flag-themed bag. A tote like this will be perfect for hauling out the snacks or games for your evening.
- Turn up the country. Music simply does not get more patriotic than some twangy, back-country tunes. Turn up the Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley and enjoy your afternoon with loved ones.