Perhaps you have also arrived at an appointment at the doctor’s office, only to wait while patiently fighting the shivers? Maybe you also attended a lunch presentation in summer's heat, only to find the venue is set to arctic temperatures? Or maybe you are heading to the Southwest area for a professional conference, and are weighing whether to pack a sweater.
Take it from us- go ahead and pack your favorite lightweight cardigan/blazer in your bag.
The last thing you want is to be sitting in front of the presenter, entirely focused staying warm! Or sitting at a work lunch across from your boss, wishing you had ordered hot soup! By packing a light sweater along, you ensure your hands are free to eat or take notes, and your attention is where it needs to be. Should you find you don’t need it, simply hang it over your chair or fold it into your bag.
Plus, styled right, your cardigan or blazer can act as a suit jacket, only much more comfortable and travel-friendly! We're all about the functional here!
How to style it:
- Neutrals. Neutral-colored sweaters do double duty. They not only will provide an extra layer, but will also go with virtually any outfit you wear. Obvious color choices are black, white, cream, and navy.
- Fitted. If your extra layer is a blazer, be sure to pick a blazer with a slight taper at the waist to create a tailored look. Along this topic, a sweater with less of a flowy style will mean not only a more compact pack, but also will help accentuate your outfit rather than detracting and becoming the focal point unintentionally.
- Button-up. We all love our pull-over sweaters! However, a button-up cardigan will provide the warmth without doing a number on your hair or makeup.
- V-Neck. V-neck style sweaters are fantastic for mimicking the look of a suit coat. To be sure, this means that your necklace and blouse combo can still shine. That said…
- Round Neck. There are some very chic round-neck style cardigans that are functional and fashionable. With this in mind, do remember adjust your necklace choice accordingly so it isn't hidden under the neckline!