Pantone recently announced it's color of the year 2018, and you'll likely want to get a pair of shades on for this one- Ultra Violet!
Ultra Violet brings to mind sunny days and time outside, lathering on sunscreen for some protection from those warm sunny rays.
Perhaps you consider yourself a more adventurous soul, ready and excited to don this hue. Or maybe your are more of a "I'll stick to my fave white blouse and black slacks" neutral kind of gal. Whatever your personality, we have you covered! Read on to see how we style this brilliant shade!
How to style it:
- Pair with Lavender. Interested in the shade but not wanting to commit to a new piece? Our favorite trick of the trade when it comes to styling bright colors is to pair it with the muted version of itself. Simply accessorize with the brilliant violet hue and style it with a more toned down and calming lavender.
- Cream of the crop. Take a leaf from Crown Princess Mary of Denmark's style book- layer in some cream to bring some neutral balance to your look.
- Faithful Neutrals. The best part about neutrals is their versatility. Take your favorite classic white blouse on an adventurous ride with a pair of violet slacks for a spring-y, on-trend look.
- Monochrome. For a streamlined, chic look, match the color blouse to your pant. This mimics the look and power of a suit, sans fuss.
- Accent color. Think: accessories! A pop of purple is a quick way to energize most every outfit.
- Flowy pants. A more relaxed fit dress pant is trending in a big way this season! Scroll down for some of our favorite violet slacks.
Bonus: check out our Spring Pastels article for more style tips and spring looks!